The traveller within me.

It started with just an invitation.

My office mate, who is a regular hiker, invited me to their hike somewhere in Rizal. I, who is usually curious to try new things, decided to join.

As a beginner to this new kind of adventure, I didn't know what to bring or prepare. I just packed the essentials and gathered all my gut, and go with the flow.

At that moment when I reached the summit, I felt something connected within me. The beautiful sea of green pastures, the strong wind caressing my face, the feeling of accomplishment, the realization of thanking God for being alive to witness such view, it was all perfect. 

I wanted more of this, I said to myself. 

I realize that it just take a simple gesture to unleash someone's potential or passion. With a simple invite, I discovered something within me that I didn't imagine doing. Simple things and gesture make the biggest impacts indeed.

So the journey of wandering begun, travel lists were created, mountains and islands pinned at google maps, funds saved..and I don't know when will it stop, and honestly, i really don't want it to stop. x
7-21-15 My first ever hike, Mt. Batolusong, Tanay, Rizal



Comments

Popular Posts